Washington Examiner story on the ridiculous WHO investigation into Wuhan Lab Leak investigation.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... n-lab-leakOne member of the World Health Organization investigative team said the WHO took the word of Chinese lab workers about the possibility of COVID-19 originating through a Wuhan lab escape, as a new WHO-China joint report concluded it was unlikely and didn’t need further study.
Trump and Biden officials have said the Chinese government worked to thwart investigations into the origins of the virus, which has killed 2.78 million people worldwide, and both administrations have cast doubt on the manner in which the joint WHO-China study had been conducted in early 2021.
Peter Daszak, the leader of the EcoHealth Alliance, which steered at least $600,000 in National Institutes of Health funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for bat virus research, has defended China’s coronavirus response and previously criticized the Biden administration for being skeptical of the WHO-China report. He dismissed the lab leak theory during a 60 Minutes appearance with Lesley Stahl on Sunday.
“For an accidental leak that then led to COVID to happen, the virus that causes COVID would need to be in the lab. They never had any evidence of a virus like COVID in the lab. ... Not prior to the outbreak, no. Absolutely. No evidence of that,” Daszak claimed.
“We met with them. We said, ‘Do you audit the lab?’ And they said, ‘Annually.’ ‘Did you audit it after the outbreak?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Was anything found?’ ‘No.’ ‘Do you test your staff?’ ‘Yes.’ No one was —“ Daszak said, before being interrupted by Stahl.
“But you're just taking their word for it!” she exclaimed, and Daszak didn’t deny it.
“Well, what else can we do? There's a limit to what you can do, and we went right up to that limit,” Daszak said. “We asked them tough questions. They weren't vetted in advance. And the answers they gave, we found to be believable — correct and convincing.”